Wednesday, April 12, 2006

lovely day in Tokyo

Last weekend I headed down to Tokyo to meet up with my good friend Lewis and his sweet wife, Akiko-chan. They are married on paper now but are busily preparing for the wedding in June! I really look forward to it, it is going to be a very gorgeous event, I just know it.

Having met Lewis as my housemate in second year uni, I can say that he has been a great friend and there for me, just like a big brother. He is one of the three people who got me to come to Japan - thanks to him, I am where I am today. I am forever in debt to him and hope that he can stay in Japan for good, too?!

We went for Thai food (it has been ages, I cannot even remember the last time I did Thai) and desserts in Ouzo mall. Because we both lead busy lives, meeting up is not always easy. I enjoy Tokyo, not for shopping, but to meet up with my good friends. That makes the trip worth it. Another bright note: I was able to pick up two very beautiful obi (as pictured) from the Hanazono shrine flea market. Very few Japanese shoppers where there - for the most part, photo-flashing foreigners were swarming around the place. :)

I plan to use the obi to decorate my house, make pillows, whatever I please. Most Japanese people find it a bit odd to use such an expensive/sacred thing for artistic purposes. A cultural gap, surely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home