Friday, April 07, 2006

Pilates, perhaps here to stay?

One reason why I can keep up with Pilates is because the program consists of various positions which are held no longer than a minute or two. Every moment you are changing positions and doing different repetitions, so it keeps it interesting and you don't even have time to think about the pain you are experiencing in your abs. In short, it is not an exercise one can easily get bored of...therefore if you are あきぽい (easily bored and give up on things quickly), it might be the right exercise for you! Give it a try.

I have been on it for about a month or two now, and the results are dramatic. I have more energy and the core of my body, often referred to as the powerhouse in Pilates terminology, is strong and keeps my posture in check. An upside and downside...my rear-end has reduced in size but a bony behind means not having as much cushioning when sitting on hard tatami mats. Oof, just call me sore butt BB from now on.

My friend Kazuyo and I are huge fans of Mari Winsor's pilates program. It is undoubtedly one of the best out there. Ooog...earthquake...the jolting start kind, hmm, kinda rare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home