Thursday, April 06, 2006

just letting it go...

There is a time when we just have to remember that whilst we must stick to our convictions, sometimes we must do what is the best for not just ourselves, but everyone involved. About the kimono incident, I have decided not to wear a kimono at the wedding anymore. After having giving it much thought, I have come to the decision that it is not worth it. My grandma is, after all, 90 years old and whatever will bring her happiness will make me happy. I came to this decision on my own and thank those around me for not giving me pushy advice. Sometimes we just need some extra time to work out our own problems.

I tell my grandma the bare minimum about my life, because anything else I say makes her overly excited (in the bad sense) and gets her all riled up. So I try to keep it light and conversational. Sometimes she needs to complain a great deal but I know that she needs to get it out and just by listening to her, she is content and satisfied. Listening is the kindest thing I can do, I suppose - it gives her peace of mind, I like to think.

As for the kimono, don't worry about it. I will satisfy my kimono craving, in another way. I won't mention it on my blog though. :) I do keep some secrets, you know! Anyway hopefully you too will remember not to be too stubborn when it comes to family. Family is after all, for life. By the way, this is a very Japanese concept...do all that is necessary to preserve the "わ" otherwise known as 'harmony' of a group. I suppose some ideas do sink into my pig-headed stubborn brain of mine. Japan sure has made me slightly milder than before, trust me, this is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home