Valentine's Day, White Day...Orange day???
SAGA — Feb 14 is St Valentine's Day and March 14 is White Day. Then, what day is April 14?The answer is both Orange Day and Partner Day, as attempts to make the day a popular holiday are under way.
The idea is that Orange Day is a day for boyfriends and girlfriends to confirm their love by exchanging oranges or orange-colored gifts, while Partner Day is a day when men and women show their mutual respect for each other.
According to the Japan Anniversary Association of Saku, Nagano Prefecture, central Japan, the idea for Orange Day was hit upon by a group of citrus fruit growers in Ehime Prefecture.
Oh no, now this is taking it a little bit too far. Similar to how people, namely retailers, are trying to popularize "Sweetest Day " in the States. Whatever happened to writing poems to each other? Best of all, they are free. Detach from being a consumer swayed by media and other sources telling us we need more and more in life. Contrary to popular belief, MORE is not better; bigger is not necessarily better either. Though I may be biased, I am a very petite gal..tee hee.
Men and women should get things for each other because they 'want' to, not because they feel like they are obligated to do so. I feel much better when I get a gift, 'just because' rather than for some special event. That is why some men I know hate receiving 'giri' choco on Valentine's Day - they know the women are only giving it out of mere obligation.
**for those of you who are not 'in the know,' in Japan women present chocos to men on V-day and men reciprocate on White Day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home