Wednesday, March 22, 2006

健康 kenkou, health socks

These are my new socks...aren't they wild? It has become trendy to wear such 5-toed socks. They are reportedly better for one's health because they stimulate the area between the toes, much like a micro-massage. Mmm, nothing like a good foot massage.

The upside: better circulation, are said to prevent athlete's foot
The downside: colder feet (think gloves vs. mittens!)

The REAL reason why I bought these, the long version. I wore the 健康 massage sandals given to me by Hirotsugu and found out I was no longer accustomed to wearing them for extended (>15 minutes) periods of time like I had done last summer. 30-minutes later I started to feel immense pain on the soles of my feet. In the distance, I saw my oasis...a dollar shop with TONS of socks. I went right in, bought some and slipped them on my feet. Ahhh, nothing like socks to make one's day! I don't know if these dollar-socks will hold up well...I will report back after a few washings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home