Sunday, March 19, 2006

dreamland...few days back

Holy language confusion...I was talking in Spanish, but very poor Spanish, then suddenly I was back in Japan telling a new acquaintence, "waaaa, sono mijikai toki nihongo sonnani jouzu ni dekimasuka?"....meaning "ohhh, you can improve your Japanese in so little time?" Then I said, "watashi mo gambarimasune..." meaning, "I should really go for it, too."

This is good dreaming in Japanese...I have no idea if the grammar is right or even if it makes sense but definitely a good sign that my brain is starting to think in Japanese. The good thing about learning Japanese is that it is easier to "think" in Japanese rather than defaulting to English when stuck. When I learnt Spanish, I could never fully switch into Spanish-thinking because the languages are so similar, it was too easy to keep the mind in English-mode. Japanese is so distinct from English that it is relatively hard to confuse it with English.

The best part of my dream was being an invited guest to an elite official's ball. There was some scotch, two kinds...Hiro and I drank both...the scotch was sweet like honey, smooth, and strong. Why can't things like that happen in real life? Hmm, perhaps a premonition of things to come? ha ha, in a million years maybe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home