Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Japanese do-ra-ma


Recently I have found the next greatest thing since sliced bread...it is youtube!!! This website carries many MTVs, American TV shows (only a few, like Desperate Housewives) and most importantly, Japanese dramas!

The first pic is 'Ace wo Nerae'; second is 'Lunch no Joou'; and third is 'Densha Otoko.' I have seen them all and more! They have English subtitles, which helps the first time 'round watching it. It is nice to know Japanese and read the English subtitles...at times I realized that some Japanese phrases are just funnier in Japanese - either that or it does not translate well into English.

I think watching Japanese dramas has started to affect my Japanese proficiency. I am not sure. Yesterday I had a dream...in it my student told me that there is a correlation between eating nuts and hay fever. I recall saying in my dream, in Japanese, 'sore wa kan-kei ga arimasuka?' Hmm, interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home