Monday, November 20, 2006

Getting back into the swing of things!

This is a good example of the Japanese bath. The shower and bath areas are separate, making the whole bathing process a bit more complex. One should scrub oneself thoroughly before entering the bath. After soaking, one may scrub again, rinse, and re-enter the bathtub. Japanese tubs are deep but a bit narrow and a pain for anyone over 180cm!

The funniest story I recall: an AEON teacher (slightly plump) recounted a story about getting stuck in the bathtub but none of her students cracked a laugh. Talk about embarrassing - not just the situation itself, but the non-reaction bit.

Washing this took close to one-hour this morning. Oh my goodness, I am wiped out! At first glance it looked spic and span to begin with, however, within the crevices and under some tubing were gutters full of muck. Ewwww. It was my first such experience! I never grew up with such things, I had and still have no clue on where to get started when washing. If you live in the West, you can be grateful that cleaning the tub is only a fraction of the work that it is in Japan!!!

I have thoroughly lost my appetite for lunch now. Time to get to other chores before work starts. Don't start envying me yet - though I start work late, I also finish work late, around 10 p.m.! There is SO much to do it makes my head spin. Putting off cleaning and other household chores in the months before the wedding is finally catching up...ooooooo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home