first and last time?!?!
As many brides do, I went to a nail salon to get some nail extensions. I had my reservations about whether or not to get them. Finally my friend Mayumi suggested I get them if I intended on having close-ups of hands donning our newly ring clad fingers.Making the decision - ummm, not just vanilla or chocolate! Apparently there are two major types: acrylic nails which cost 100 dollars plus additional cost for trimmings and alternatively, gel tips starting at 50 dollars plus. Eeks. I had expected the whole thing to come to around 30 dollars...could not have been farther from the truth! The decorations, glitter, studs, sparkles and what not cost about 5-9 dollars PER finger.
What a rip-off...not to mention some of the designs on display looked really hideous and in-your-face BLING BLING. Yucky! I settled on a pearly iridescent polish and NO additional decor. Again, K.I.S.S: keep it simple, stupid!
On the same day I had them put on, we hosted the dinner party...while cooking I damaged a few nails and could barely do anything. Having fake nails is a royal pain in the you-know-what! Here are some reasons why: you have to worry that they will fall off, you cannot open up pop cans, it's pointless to scratch an itch because the nail edges are so blunt, typing speed decreases by at least 20 wpm, food and gunk gets stuck under them.
So if you see me with fake nails at some formal event, they might just be Sally Hansen press ons! Either that or my real nails. Oh, the fun thing about getting my nails done: the beautician was a nice woman who was chatty and interesting. She could carry on a good conversation, a stimulating one not just focused on shopping and fashion. Now that is an impressive nail artist. Oh and she did do a pretty good job, despite all my gripes about fake nails in general. Ha ha.
See for yourself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home