again, the blue dress!!!
Picture it: Sunday morning, I wake up and suddenly realize it is impossible to dance in my mermaid-like dress! All Saturday evening my dad and I focused on our short dance routine...I mentioned that my dress was a bit long but he just said it would look doubly elegant. Then I got to thinking again...my dress made it impossible to twirl and spin as we had rehearsed.Sunday at noon at Dear Stage wedding hall. Scene: Vivian sitting on the floor, legs widespread, dress sprawled out in her lap, armed with a needle and thread. Dress engineering time! I started to make an arm loop (out of the ugly neck piece I hadn't intended on wearing with the dress) to pull up the bottom of my dress up off the floor during the dance. To ensure the arm loop did not flap around like the a piece of the wardrobe malfunctioning I secured it with a single stitch to be torn right before the big dance.
I will post some pics soon. You can see the final product. I was told I looked like a regular mermaid in the dress. (hee hee...this went along with our subtle theme of paradise in South Polynesia - Tahiti our honeymoon destination) The back was really elegant and flowed like a mermaid's tail billowing in sea waters.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home