Wednesday, May 17, 2006

fateful Mother's Day 2005

Last year we ordered some flowers for my mother and grandmother in Taiwan. I don't remember how I did it, I think I did it via internet form. Either way, the florist messed up big time - not only did the fools get the address wrong (6 ~~ Road instead of 66 ~~ Road) but they even managed to botch up the phone number. That means if they could not deliver the flowers, they did not even have any way to contact the recipients by phone!

As fate would have it, my mom was playing mah-jong at her friend's house that mother's day. My mom usually plays in the basement of her friend's house but that day they played on the first floor at 6 ~~ Road. The doorbell rang, my mom's friend's daughter answered the door and promptly returned, saying it was the wrong address for a flower delivery with the recipient being Hua. My mom said, 'wait...I think that is mine!' Her friends, unconvinced, all laughed and told her there was no way it could be hers. My mom told the daughter to chase after the delivery man...sure enough, they were the flowers we sent to her!!!

How funny fate is. At times like this, I think someone up there is really smiling down and giving me a helping hand. Maybe grandpa Hua, making sure his little girl got her Mother's Day flowers. Anyway, I hope her flowers looked as nice as this (see pic), it is what I imagined they looked like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home