Monday, March 27, 2006

Second virginity

This is an interesting exerpt from SPA gossip rag. It is an exaggeration of sorts but contains a grain of truth. Wow, talk about killing the patient to cure the disease!

"It's just a pain building up friendships with people nowadays. I've got my own little world and I don't like anybody else invading it. I've always been a bit of an introvert," he tells Spa!, adding that his ideal partner would be a younger woman who doesn't give any grief and goes to her own home if she's got no business on in his. "(Relationships) gradually become more and more of a nuisance. I want to live life at the pace I want to live it. Going out with somebody means you've got certain responsibilities and duties to fulfill. Having somebody else around is just a frustration."

Masahiro Saito, a 31-year-old logistics employee, says he avoids women because he doesn't want to get hurt, admitting that his last girlfriend dumped him -- a decade ago -- because he was too clingy. He has remained a barren bonking, "second virgin" ever since.
____________________________________
Most of the women I have met here do not go out of their way to avoid men, even after they have had a tragic past experience. They plow on in hopes of finding a more suitable partner. In contrast, I have met plenty of men here who, because of a tumultous former relationship, shun dating altogether - like they say, "once bitten; twice shy." What do you think? I remember back in Canada we'd tell our broken-hearted friends, "the best way to get over someone is to find someone new!" This pic is of damaged heart tissue...oooh!

**NOTE for my Japanese readers: If you fall in love with someone and that someone rejects you--"once bitten"--you may be very, very reluctant--"twice shy"--to let yourself fall in love again. **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home