crazy transition time
March and April (beginning of the new fiscal year in Japan!) are some of the most hectic months for everyone, including me! Students are coming and going, transfers are taking place, more people have a renewed interest in learning English... It is a busy time. It is incidentally also the time of many welcome and farewell parties, meaning the number of my classes have been decimated!If I get a week in advance about a class cancellation, it is totally do-able but these days I am getting them a day before, two days before, or even the day of. Agh- it is driving me up the wall. I don't mind for day or early evening classes before 7 p.m., but night classes are kind of tricky due to my new 'housewife' routine. I have to coordinate classes so that I have enough time to make dinner, not to mention eat it with my husband. I am a firm believer in family dinner time, so I don't like to compromise it.
Not being an official English school has its merits and downfalls. Merits being flexibility, good relations with students, no sales. Downfalls are: unstable income, cancellations, and students who don't study at home but expect results...though despite it all, I love the freedom my job allows me and would not wanna give it up for some other job at the moment. That and it is my fault for not having set up more guidelines for cancellations from the start.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home