Monday, April 02, 2007

magic of vinegar...

The other day I found some 2,800-yen (25USD or 28CND) vinegar product on sale for 800-yen a bottle...on top of that, if you buy ONE bottle, you get two for free! I took advantage of this bargain and got myself three bottles of it (I kept one and gave the other two away). The reason why it was so cheap was because the expiry date was just two months away.

This is not just any vinegar, this is the reknown moromisu vinegar, a vinegar produced on the island of Okinawa...tropical southern islands of Japan. The vinegar is a fermented and aged vinegar made from moromi, a by-product of awamori, a type of Okinawan distilled spirit much like sa-ke.

Moromisu is rich in citric acids, 18 amino acids, vitamins b1, b2 and b6, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and who knows what else. Some health claims include: aspirin effects (thins blood), ability to lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels, improve blood circulation, lower cholesterol, improve energy levels, and relieve muscle and back pain.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home