ah yes, the world is a small one!
It is very funny how small the world is, indeed. There is of course the argument concerning 'six degrees of seperation' in how everyone in the world can be linked in 6 simple steps. Perhaps this is true and with internet access and other forms of communication, our worlds are shrinking!In Tsukuba I have to be quite careful about what information I know about so-and-so person because it might be confidential information they don't want another so-an-so to know. Quite often I found out some 'secrets' or other morsels of juicy gossip...er, information that I had to keep mum about. I know T went to school with S and H and are T and H are working at ZZZ company working with T2 who is the same year colleague as E who just last year became my student...E and T used to live next to each other in the company housing. You see how complex it gets? Some sisters I teach asked me if I knew their schoolmate, YYY-chan, and I was puzzled...who is YYY-chan...hmm, after racking my brain, I finally remembered I taught YYY-chan's mother way back at McEnglish school.
Even to this day, back in Toronto my friends often tell me about some so-and-so they just met who knows me. This has happened many-a-times, I guess because more than actually studying in university, I was too busy holding events, parties, organizing some student government activity and meeting loads of new people. Strangely enough...considering how many people I met, it is strange that I never ended up dating any of them seriously.
The world is small, very very small. So be sure to speak carefully and kindly of others because you never know when it will come back to you! Oh and the gossip I have heard about myself is hilarious - years ago there was a funny rumor about me being engaged in Japan. Whoever could have guessed it would actually come true!
Labels: small world

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home