Saturday, March 17, 2007

VERY nice!

I went to a FABULOUS organic restaurant in Tsukuba (named Oriza) the other day with my friends. What a surprise! The place is by reservations only and a 'wee' pricey...but not more than luxurious French cuisine! Everything we ate was organic and we got to try three types of foods: vegetarian (vegan), normal (with meat and fish), and gershon (saltless super healthy food for cancer patients).
The brown rice we ate was grown organically, made possible with the aid of LOVE DUCKS...er, at least that the nickname I gave them. They are called ai-gamo in Japanese...sounds like love duck to me! The ducks eat all the nasty bugs and insects so the farmers do not need to use nasty pesticides. The brown rice was not that expensive at 600yen per 1kg (much cheaper than the non-organic white rice I got in Yuzawa last year!!!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home