after eating 3 pounds of candy later...


I still cannot make any of these candies!!! I tried various recipes to recreate the same taste but could not. Number one is Yamagata Oshidori Milk Cake (not like cake...more like milk crackers w/out the flour, made purely from milk and sugar!)...then number two is nostalgic Chinese White Rabbit Candy (any Chinese-North American will tell you how creamy and yummy this milky taffy is!!! Grace, do you still eat it?!) ...and finally, last but not least is Cow Tale candy similar to Mexican 'pastillas de leche' candies...similar to caramel but a more powdery, unrefined non-sticky texture.
I am so full of candy now...oh, my teeth are going to rot with cavities soon. The candy turned out edible...but just not what I had hoped for. Waaaa, I want some rabbit candy! Soft, fresh kind.
Labels: milk candy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home