Friday, March 02, 2007

brain training mania...

For the past two or so years, Japanese senior citizens (and middle-aged, alike) have gotten into brain training...an attempt at mental exercise to prevent dementia, Alzheimer's and the like. Though I dislike crossword puzzles, I have really taken to SUDOKU. This all started when Hiro gave me the Nintendo DS "Brain Age" software, English version. Ever since, I have been hooked. I am not sure whether or not brain training is effective...I seem to be as forgetful as before...but maybe some things never change, no matter how hard we try.


How to play sudoku: The objective is to fill a 9x9 grid so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3x3 boxes contains the digits from 1 to 9. Be sure to have a pencil and eraser ready...that and plenty of time to rack your brain! Strangely enough, most Japanese people I know had no clue what it was until the past year or so. It was my American friend who first asked me (a few years back) whether or not I was into the game. Ha ha, the irony.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home