Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MELON bread...

Just forget about anything I said in my last post about margarine. If there is one kind of snack I cannot resist, it would be melon bread. The first time for me to have it was here, in delightful wonderful gustatorial Japan. Ahhh, the heaven which accompanied my first bite of it...very sinful.

What really won me over was the textural juxtaposition of hard/crunchy and soft. You bite into a very hard sugary cookie-like shell of sorts, only to be greeted by soft and lovely sweet bread. If you make it to Japan, this is a MUST TRY. Margarine or butter...regardless, I will chomp it down.

There are various kinds. Those with just a sugary crust and plain soft sweet bread inside or others with a crunchy outside, sweet bread inside and some surprise whipped cream/custardy something filling! YUMMMMMMMY, delightful, and did I mention sinful?!

Original flavour, chocolate chip, strawberry, cantaloupe, green tea, chocolate, with whipped cream filling, with custard filling, custard and cream filling, turtle-shaped, orange, hot dog-shaped sandwich style, blueberry...oooooooh, each season has different kinds. The new flavours are often limited to convenience stores...as are limited edition Kit Kats.

My ultimate goal is to make melon bread by myself, in my bread machine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home