Oh God forbid!!!
Recently some of my husband's colleagues found out where we live - not necessarily a terrible thing, but something of minor concern. One day my husband came back home to tell me that his co-worker's wife noticed we often don't take clothes in at night. Ha ha. Well, aren't we the observant ones?! (later on my Japanese friend who is a busy housewife and mom told me she often does loads of her son's dirty soccer laundry at night, forcing her to dry clothes overnight outside too - she said it isn't 'too' unusual)
Man was I surprised. One that they were looking so closely at our balcony that they noticed and two that they commented on it! Not that I was upset but it certainly blew me away!! My husband really minded and said we should be careful but I told him I could n
ot give a hoot. They can talk all the want, but I don't give a darn. Even in America or Canada people often found me crazy and divergent, which to this day, I admit and am proud of. What is so great about typical, ordinary, and average? In Japan, apparently it counts for a lot.I am thinking of what to do next to make people wonder. Maybe put stuffed animals from the dollar store out to dry...or grow some HUGE tree on the veranda, a whole forest of them. Ha ha. Then I will be known as the crazy neighbor with the wild jungle. Sometimes I put out the garbage while wearing a mud mask and still in pajamas - some passerby drivers looked a bit astonished. Watch out, you never know what I will do next! (this is exactly what my husband is afraid of...I think)
Labels: laundry

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home