Making its rounds...worse than usual stomach flu!
This year saw the largest outbreak of the infectious gastroenteritis in the past 25 years, caused mainly by a norovirus, the Infectious Disease Surveillance Center warned Friday.
It is that time of year again, when gastroenteritis (otherwise fondly known as norovirus...) plagues the nation. This year number of 'victims' have reached epidemic-like levels, prompting health o
fficials to warn the public. You know something is going around when someone's e-mail signs off with, "don't catch norovirus" instead of the usual bid to "take care." Ha ha.Wash your hands frequently, especially before meals. Raw vegetables or not completed heated through foods are culprits of transmission. I got it almost two years ago while in Tokyo, in Tokyo Station...suddenly I felt the urge to vomit and next thing I knew, I was madly dashing down the stairs to get to the public washroom. I didn't make it, though I did have a plastic bag on hand - thank God! That followed by days of misery, ohhhh - it is not an experience I want to have again...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home