Thursday, November 30, 2006

We love Sumitomo!

Alway having been skeptical of those scary large corporations, I was not too thrilled when I found out my husband was working for one of them. Somewhere along the line while back in liberal Toronto, I got into my head the notion that big major corporations are evil. While this is true in some cases, the same cannot always be said for others.

In Japan it is sign of status, working at a stable big company like Hitachi, Toyota, Sony, and so on. They provide job security and perks like: very reasonable shared company housing, broad insurance plans, and other beneficial subsidies. From what I have heard, Sumitomo treats its employees quite well and sincerely cares about them. An "employees first" kind of company must be a good one, if you ask me. Not to mention, Hiro's colleagues and superiors are all such kind people. I immediately took a liking to the quirky bunch.

If you are planning to buy a house in Japan, you can get a discount through my husband. ^_^ Here is the website for more information on Sumitomo Forestry homes. Oh, the only thing I dislike is Sumitomo's lame mascot...(see this entry's pic)...like a mutated chestnut...AGHHH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home