Saturday, November 25, 2006

autumn, my favorite time of year

Though spring has more romantic overtones and is a ready sign of hope, youth, and freshness, I cannot help but think that fall is my favorite time of year in Japan. [Fall in America was pleasant but for some reason (perhaps due to the milder weather and delish food in Japan) I did not relish it as much as fall in Japan!]

This picture is taken from a nearby park. No matter how many times I walk the course, I always feel a renewed sense of peace and contentment. Humans should live more in nature - it is like yoga without all the funky body contortion involved. :)

I love eating persimmons, late Asian pears (nashi), pumpkin, charcoal roasted sweet potatoes, freshly dug up potatoes, just harvested rice, tons of mushrooms, Fuji apples (the kind with a clear honey-like centre!!!), chestnuts, lotus root, satoimo (taro root), and more... Doesn't your mouth water just at the thought of such foods?! I cannot help but cook more than usual, buy more than usual, and, ummm, alas, EAT more than usual. Hee hee. To the chagrin of my waistline.

Well, we only live once!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home