Too many LV bags quotes Akiko Wada
One thing that bothers Wada is the penchant for young Japanese girls to use brand-name goods to make themselves appear to be something they are not. She recalls going into a Louis Vuitton store in Paris when she was young and being told by the salesperson that she shouldn’t buy a bag because it wouldn’t be right for just yet.“Basically, I was told to wait until I was older. Well today, it’s all different. Japan got rich too quickly. We are the No. 1 consumers of Louis Vuitton. Japanese girls buy these bags, thinking it makes them classy or like celebrities, when in reality, they are far from it.”
Go anywhere in Japan and you will see tons of LV toting girls on the trains and in the streets. It is shocking that such a bland logo and design could attract so many die-hard followers. The fakes are really easy to detect. HELLO gals, the logo is upside down, does that not SHOUT counterfeit to you? I have seen many 'reputable' outlets loaded with the blaringly fake goods...I sure hope people don't fall prey to it. My ex co-worker was showing off her new LV bag when I noticed the upside down LV...oh no, I did not have the heart to tell her it was a fake. Maybe she knew and maybe she didn't. Either way, I sure hope she didn't pay more than 30 bucks for it!
I bought a cute pink (ha ha, I know you are laughing as you read this, Elsie!) Coach bag a year or so ago, which I was at first fond of, but then annoyed at. First I had to worry that the cloth surface would get soiled easily when I put it down. Then, I noticed it really lacked in the capacity department. Finally, it cost a bunch, even though it was bought from the U.S.!!! Finally I started toting around my reasonable black handbag which I can happily toss around and not worry about. Now that is life! That Coach bag was my first and last somewhat designer bag purchase.
The only 'name-brand' handbags I owned were 3 Prada bags, all given to me by some relatives. I was gracious they gave them to me but would much prefer to have a nice dinner in their company over stimulating conversation. More so in Japan, designer bags are a kind of status item, and sometimes boosts one's image and/or self-esteem. If you ask me, rather than buying image, they should look inside and boost their image...for free! C'mon j-gals, stop pretending to be someone you are not. It gets tiring and old. ps: both bags pictured are fakes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home