One cafe, one theme
What attracts people to cafes? I used to think it was the food itself but now I am thinking less and less so. Good service, hot (and not lukewarm or cold) food, well-made drinks, and something unique. Naturally, the main dish should be tasty but sometime cafes succeed solely on the laurels of their dessert entrees. This particular cafe, Secret Base, makes cute face designs in your coffee, milk, or tea. This design was made with caramel flavouring syrup...what art it is! Another thing this cafe is known for is cream puffs, or SHOE CREAM, as I like to joke. [Japanese call cream puffs choux--ku-ree-mu, a homonym for 'shoe cream.'] The cream puff is, in itself is nothing special, the taste was mediocre at best...but the way they arrange it on a plate with syrup, fruits, ice cream, and whipped cream...magic! Oh, and did I mention they drizzle the sauces or syrups on the plate, right in from of the customer who ordered it?! Talk about putting on a show for the crowd, hee hee.
What can I say? The place was packed on a work day from 11:30-2pm, and it has only been in business for 1 1/2 years! Sheer proof that having something to set you apart from the crowd makes a difference!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home