so many considerations!


What busy days! We finally finished and mailed off all our wedding invitations. Unlike American wedding invitations, Japanese ones are not double-enveloped. The majority of invitations open up like a book. We were lucky enough to have an address calligrapher, Yuri, who has been doing Japanese calligraphy since she was a wee tot!
One must mail invitations with great consideration. The invitation postmark should be from a 大安 - TAIan or auspicious day, to bring good luck to the event. Generally speaking it is not a good idea to mail invitations during the Obon or any other holiday, nevertheless we mailed then out. We figure the earlier the better.
Of course the reply card is a SASS (self-addressed, self-stamped) postcard. We could do this for our Japanese guests, though I was sorry that I did not have any American, Canadian, Korean, Honduran, Taiwanese, German, or British (yes, our family is like the United Nations) stamps on hand.
It is considered polite to send a reply card as soon as it is received. As for me, I am a terrible and forgetful guest...oooh, poor on me! I think the only task harder than making the invitations was deciding who to send them to. Unfortunately I wanted to send them to a jillion people but only ended up sending about 25, due to space and financial limitations.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home