Tuesday, July 18, 2006

new restaurant

This is Japanese-style hamburger steak. The sauce has soy sauce, grated radish, and scallions. This manga (comic) shop turned restaurant-cafe is nice but seems to suffer from some sort of identity disorder. The chairs and table are classy and modern but the type of crowd it attracts is families wanting to eat Japanized Western foods like hamburger steak, curry rice, omelet rice, and so on.

For the grand opening we got free drinks, soup, and dessert. Not a bad deal. The interesting point - my friend noticed the attitude of the waitress was unusually friendly, like that of a woman from the countryside. It is true - most of the friendliest people I have met here hail from the boonies. Unfortunately if one is excessively talkative or overfriendly, people actually look down on them.

This is a concept I did not understand before but can now somewhat comprehend. One should approach others with modesty, well-thought out comments and consideration for all involved. The same is true for other countries, I am sure...but

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home