meeting up with Hiro's friends...
Last weekend I got to meet some of Hiro's cello colleagues, at the house of one of his former schoolmates. The wife plays the cello and is really good at cooking (see the homemade buns to the left - some were filled with chocolate while the rest were oozing with cheese).I felt kind of awkward because they were nervous and not comfortable enough with me to initiate a lot of conversation. They were kind but I felt something similar to the Christmas party last December. They are in their 30's and I am about a decade younger...almost kind of a generation gap and different 'stage of life' gap. They have young kids and we are just about to embark on our married lives.
Anyway perhaps like many other friends I have met here - it just takes time for them to warm up and become friendly. ^_^

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home