My first time at a standing restaurant
How could I forget?! This is a photo from a standing sushi shop in Akihabara recommended to us by Yutaka and Petra. Standing foodfare is not uncommon in Japan and can usually be found at train stations and the like. More common than sushi is standing ramen or soba shops. One usually buys a ticket from a vending machine, eats and can then leave at any time without worrying about the bill.The thing about this is, you cannot really talk with someone at a standing bar. I sometimes talked and all the customers seemed to be listening in on our conversation, even if they didn't understand English. My legs were a little tired and soles of my feet sore - this is when one learns to really appreciates sit-down establishments.
For the two of us, our tab came to 1050yen (approx 10USD) a relative bargain even compared to cheap 100-yen rotating sushi restaurants. The quality was not bad for the price but Hiro and I are still fans of Yamato rotating sushi bar!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home