life is like a fortune cookie!
I just wanted to use this pic of fortune cookies. Though we consider them to be Chinese, I have never had them in China nor Taiwan. They are de facto a Chinese-American invention.I called grandma Lee today. She seemed energetic but spoke of sharp leg pains. I worry about her. Despite her complaining or nagging, I know it comes out of her love and concern for me. I suppose we should appreciate it when others harp at us...it is better that then them not giving a damn, ne!
Anyway I told grandma to use lots of money and enjoy whatever and not cheap out on health treatment. Who knows how many more years she has left to enjoy - she should at least live more luxuriously and as comfortably as possible. Us children do not need her money. My great German uncle and auntie once told me, "Vivian, do not worry about other's money - only count on yourself and your own finances." I suppose that is true...most of the biggest fights comes when children/family are fighting over inheritances and the like. How sad it is to see a family fight over money.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home