Saturday, July 08, 2006

Japanese ginger dressing

Last night I made a salad and topped it off with this dressing. In America, most so-called Japanese restaurants serve salads with this type of tangy ginger sauce!

I have not once had anything similar to it in Japan. That just goes to show you how authentic most Japanese restaurants in the States/Canada are. I suppose with all things have to be Americanized in America, Canadianized in Canada, Germanized in Germany, Japanized in Japan, and so on...sorry some of those words I made up.

RECIPE for 'Japanese' ginger dressing

  • olive oil (3 big spoons)
  • vinegar (お酢, 1.5 big spoons)
  • miso (1 -3 spoons)
  • mirin (2 big spoons)
  • grated ginger (1 big spoon)
  • grated carrot (2 big spoons)
  • grated onion (2-3 big spoons)
  • some sugar (1-3 big spoons, to taste)
  • lemon juice (ちょきっと)a dash or two, to taste

You should adjust this recipe accordingly - some like it tangier while others like it less or more sweet...have fun experimenting!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home