close those doors gals!
Like America or Canada...
I recall back in my uni days there were stories of a sexual predator going around Toronto and Scarboro, attacking women who lived alone. I shuddered at the thought because I sometimes slept with the windows wide open!
Now in Tsukuba there have been reports of similar events (in addition to burglary) happening in the past month or so. How incredible - again, another thing to shatter the myth of Japan as a safe haven. Girls, no matter where you live whether it is Canada, America, Japan, Europe...wherever, do not sleep with your doors unlocked or windows open! The heat might be unbearable but think of the up side: the heat will be like a sauna for your skin, keeping it revitalized and young looking! Rock saunas are all the rage in Japan now.
Whenever I get a post parcel delivery, I yield a heavy pole to answer the door, ready to wield it and whack out someone posing as the mailman. Violence is unusual for me but in times of safety, I wouldn't even hesitate a split-second. There are even reports of people posing as police officers these days - now that is scary! みんなさん 気をつけて. (watch out everyone!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home