Thursday, June 22, 2006

cheesy and totally predictable, but...

This is the newest series I am addicted to. The name of it is, "kurosagi" which means a kind of black swindler. This man is avenging the death of his family - his father was driven to murder suicide when he was robbed of millions by a "shirosagi," white swindler.

The plots are simple and barely plausible yet I find it interesting. These days I am picking up more and more vocab, phrases and natural expressions from such TV dramas. I am a very audio-visual person so learning this way works well for me.

Hirotsugu-san tells me the plots are way predictable and far-fetched at times to let stressed out Japanese people relax after a long day at work. They can turn their brain off and enjoy the fantasy of such dramas. I am not sure about that but do keep in mind that I should take most of the things I see in dramas with a 'grain of salt.' It is informative about Japanese culture and customs but not necessarily accurate.

Japanese dramas I have seen:

  • Lunch no Joou
  • Ace wo Nerae
  • Nobuta wo produce
  • First Love
  • Anego
  • Stand up
  • Friends (Korean/Japanese)
  • Seikei Bijin
  • Strawberry on the Shortcake
  • Kamisama mou sukoshi dake
  • Hana Yori Dango
  • Koi shite shinitai
  • Kurisumasu nante Daikirai
  • Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi
  • Peach Girl
  • Attention Please
  • Busu no Hitomi...
  • Kurosagi (now)
  • GTO
  • Kimi wa petto
  • Densha Otoko
  • Kamikaze girls (movie)
  • Pride

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home