Friday, June 23, 2006

chocolate for you?

Recently I sent my father a birthday package full of sweets and other foods (especially nostalgic ones) he cannot get in Honduras. To save on packaging space, I took most everything out of the original boxes...unfortunately, due to that, a little whoopsie happened.

My father mistook the curry roux blocks for chocolate! He ate it and thought it was a little bit strange, perhaps not chocolate. I had to write him back, telling him it was blocks of curry roux. How funny!

In America and Canada, curry roux is quite pricey. Here in Japan it is relatively cheap, especially when on sale. As with most prices, I suppose it is all about supply and demand. Though the roux is packed with all sorts of unhealthy oils and preservatives, it is the easiest way to make Japanese curry, one of everybody's favorite dishes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home