Wednesday, February 01, 2006

rosey tea = rosey me, rosey BB!


At knitting club yesterday I brought some rose tea, a present from my student, Tomoko Hayashida. It is really nice tea and looks really beautiful (though not the most elegant in our paper cups) with the striking juxtaposition of the purple/pink flower buds and light green water. The knitting ladies especially enjoyed it. ^_^ It was their first time to indulge in such novel tea. The taste was kind of a light fragrant floral one...hard to explain - delicate and didn't intrude with other food flavors.

The second picture is seaweed rollup made by Hashimoto-sensei. She made them by simmering some carrots and enoki mushrooms in sauce and then rolling it up in fresh simmered konbu seaweed. It was delicious and the seaweed was delectably soft - even tastier than expected.

Isn't that great when food tastes even better than expected? The same could be said for people - I am more delighted when they are exceed my expectations. (It's such a let down when someone you think is going to be a great friend turns out to be a dud) So, that being said, I should have lower expectations for people and food. Then I'll always be pleasantly surprised, tee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home