Sunday, January 29, 2006

again...me and my love for Japanese breakfasts! I should write a book about it one day...


Ooo, I am stuffed! This was an unusually big breakfast today!
Left (center picture) fried slices of pumpkin (notice the burnt edges...whoops)
2nd from L (center picture) salad consisting of: lettuce, tomatoes, ham, kaiware (Japanese white radish sprouts...super health stuff with a slight bitter taste), topped with clear shiso (herb w/a taste between basil and mint) dressing.
Center (center picture) Koshihikari (premium grain) rice
2nd from right black bean and black rice natto mixed with soy sauce and spring onions
Right (center picture) Mozuku (slimy, thin, hair-like seaweed) soup with tofu, soy sauce, dashi (fish stock), and garnished w/chopped spring onions
Left picture lightly microwaved egg with tsuyu (slightly sweet soy-based sauce) and black pepper...if you attempt to make this, do remember to POKE A HOLE in the yolk before you nuke it!
Right picture close-up photo of the natto and spring onions (usually natto is light brown...but this is gourmet black natto with black rice, VERY unusual. I found it had a more metallic, almost Fe+ kind of taste)

Usually I don't make such a big breakfast for myself. I only make it for two or more people. I wonder why that is. Do you make gourmet food for one? I rarely make good food for myself, perhaps because I fear if it is too good, I will overindulge and my stomach will grow to a big bulge, hee hee. Sorry for my very cheesy rhyme, hee hee.

The other day I made such a breakfast for one and it was enjoyable but not as good as having it with company. Hmm, to me, eating alone is like drinking alone...no fun! Do you like drinking or eating alone? I know that dining out with others frequently tends to lead to significant weight gain; on the other hand, if cooking for family...it would make sense for the food to be wholesome and healthier?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home