Saturday, January 28, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

No, I am not a month late, it is the Chinese New Year folks! I don't often celebrate Chinese New Year's or anything so it was a surprise when my grandma called me and said, "XIN NIAN KUAI LE!!!" I thought she had gone senile, wishing new a happy new year much too late. I called her just two weeks before and she had said the same thing. Her memory is sharp, sharper than mine for sure - I attribute that to her mahjong addiction, ha ha.

A second New Year, a second new start! (for those of you who have given up on resolutions, here is your second chance!)

Update on my New Year's resolutions:
1. Call mom every week (doing good...but decided once every 1.5 to 2 weeks is sufficient...emails in between are good) I want to call dad but that costs more than a dollar a minute. Ouch.
2. Call my grandma when i am awake (the time difference is a killer...when to call and staying awake at 3am listening to her)
3. Keep family updated ("i am alive and well. hi! bye! ") even though i am knee-deep in work
4. Keep off the winter pudge (yogurt is my new thing...it cures the late-night munchies...doing good)
5. Start running again - FAILED (but did take up walking, pilates and continue yoga, not bad...)
6. Learn more Japanese cooking (continuation of my resolution last year)...doing good and keeping up with this but admittedly, results are not always so tasty
7. Learn more Japanese (again, a continuation of last year)...doing good, telephone Japanese is adequate for daily living
8. Be happy, love deeply, think positive...this is lifelong!

To celebrate the New Year I have a SHINNENKAI party tonight...funny thing is, my guests have NO idea that it is Chinese New Year's. I will surprise them with almond cookies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home