Tuesday, January 31, 2006

desperate housewives...er desperate bachelorette

This is a pictures of a kotatsu, table with an electric warmer built in under the table top. A blanket is sandwiched between the table frame and table top - that way the heat doesn't escape and it stays toasty for much longer!

People often use this instead of other heating systems because it is warm and perhaps energy efficient. I'm unsure of the energy savings factor. Families used to huddle 'round the table and eat little mikans, Japanese tangerines. That's my favorite part about a kotatsu table.

Today instead of keeping me warm, it is drying my PJ's. I made the mistake of washing my pajamas on a rainy day, therefore, I've got to get them dry somehow. Hang drying wouldn't work because my humidifier is too effective! Lemme check...VOILA, three hours later and dry flannel PJ's. As I often like to say, desperation always leads to innovation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home