Wednesday, February 22, 2006

facial results...hmm maybe not such a waste of money

Two days after the facial at Takano Yuri...hmm, results are not too terrible. This was taken right after I washed my face. When I was back home, I never thought about skincare as obsessively as I do in Japan. I suppose it is all a matter of peer pressure?

The ladies here are experts in skincare, which is why so many have silky smooth complexions and ivory skin! From their youth, they are bombarded with starlets with fair and flawless skin, thus spawning an industry of whitening products up the gazoo! I am sure skin whitening products contain all kinds of scary bleaching agents and chemicals...but no one is keeling over yet.

I am surprised by how aware young children are of beauty - then again I suppose it is the same back home. Children here used to choose teachers based on who was the 'pretty' teacher...this explains why most teachers at language schools are young and fresh - the older teachers are 'retired' in the sense that they are resigned to teach at high schools where looks do not count for so much. Sad but a true reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home