Takano Yuri



Today Mayumi-chan and I went to Yuri Takano to get some facials. She too will get married this year and is looking into getting some bridal facials. It is not at all uncommon for brides-to-be to get many facials before the big day. Next month we will hit up TBC facial salon.
A supposed 20,000-yen (almost 200 USD) worth facial and mudpack for just under 3000yen (30 USD). It was an hour long and just required us to fill in a bunch of forms regarding our daily skincare habits and such.
I was surprised that the aestheticians working there were so unenterprising. They did not make an effort to sell us anything or give us any sales pressure typical of such beauty salons. In fact they seemed indifferent to receive our business. I understand there is a bit of snobbishness in the aesthetic industry itself but was still surprised by their standoffish attitude. Despite that, our skin is glowingly happy and seems to look 'well-fed' by the various creams and serums they so generously slathered on our faces. ~_~
After that we went to Raja, a new Indian restaurant near my place. It is a chain restaurant specialing in Indian and Nepalan food. I found it tasty and the service so friendly (granted it was opening day yesterday) but still prefer the taste of Mira, another Indian restaurant in town.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home