yogurt anyone?
NON-diet, yogurt IN my diet but not a by-definition diet.
200-500grams of plain yogurt each day will keep the heart attack pounds away.Three years ago my grandma told me I was a bit over the heavy/normal borderline, a wee too pudgey. I was really upset by this off-handed remark, partially because I knew she was right (c'mon, who doesn't know it when they have a few spare pounds to lose?!), partially because I couldn't believe she'd said it to my face. Zipping forward to last year November...the same grandma told me I was rail thin and needed to get some meat on my bones. (I think this was affected, in large part, by her seeing my chubby university grad photo everyday) Moral of the story? Just be happy with ourselves because sometimes those around us will never be. Don't get me wrong, I love my grams dearly and think she is a riot!
This is a yogurt unlike any I have ever tasted. It has the consistency of smooth jello (yet not so firm) and sure enough, gelatin is listed in the ingredients. It has plenty of probiotics to help the gut do its thing, I guess. I'm not sure about the benefits of probiotics but it seems to be the latest BUZZword on the yogurt market. This yogurt is not at all sour and even has a hint of creamcheese taste. My favorite is eating it as is.
Research has it that eating loads of calcium (via diary products) each day will keep off weight and even trim off extra abdominal fat. (abdominal fat is the most dangerous kind) Sounds good doesn't it? The key is to keep up with a variety of flavors. The moment your yogurts gets boring or monotonous, you will not feel satiated and wanna reach out for the chips, or in my case...CHOCO, which I get a daily dose of despite my otherwise healthy eating habits...Mmm, Mmm, sweeeet. Instead of sweetening it with sugar, try adding fresh fruit, dried fruit, jam, soybean powder, cocoa powder, ground black or white sesame seeds, and the like. My friend Mayumi adds ume-zu (plum vinegar...like plum wine minus the alcohol) to her plain yogurt...mmm, I will have to try it one day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home