Vroom Vroom...or crash?
How's my prospective lil' one doing there... GM - a stock I've been mulling over for awhile now. After having done some research on it, logic tells me the odds are against this one. Nevertheless my guts tell me otherwise and I'm going in for the buy. That is, if it hits 21.50 in the next few weeks. I'm hoping it will dip lower and rebound again...and not just sink sink sink. How do you feel about GM company? Have you ever bought one of their cars? I had an Olds '97 back in high school - not a bad car despite the faulty 'engine is in need of repair' light on the dashboard. UPDATE 12/19: I got a case of cold feet and canceled the order. My guts now tell me it might do a sudden 'file for Chapter 11' so I'm bailing out... UPDATE 12/21: Thank God I didn't buy it at 21.50 - the whole stock took a plunge and looks like GM is in more eminent danger than ever. Eeks. Not a high risk high return investment. JUST high risk.UPDATE 12/22: Kerkorian sells 12 million GM shares
LOS ANGELES — Billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian reduced his stake in General Motors Corp. to 7.8 percent this month, taking a significant loss on his investment in order to qualify for a tax break, according to a regulatory filing.
GM will be helped by Toyota to develop models of hybrid cars. That should help them out in the future. I drove the PRIUS in Japan...it was scary - not the car itself but my first time driving in Japan AND on the LEFT hand side of the road. According to witnesses I almost took out the left rear-view window...oops. I was never that great a driver back in the States so it shouldn't come as a big surprise. That's why I drove the rented PRIUS. My boyfriend knows me FAR too well...so much that he didn't trust me within an inch of the driver's wheel of his silver 'baby.'
Handling and feel of the PRIUS? Nice and a very smooth drive. Very silent slick machine it is. Though it did leave a high-pitched ringing tone in my ears after a long day trip. Maybe that was just me. The rear mirror really threw me off - it is not a whole panel of glass...it's divided into two sections, making it incredibly difficult to get a good view. Personally I like the shape and design of the body though most others I'd asked couldn't agree. @:P WOW gas-saver at 21km/L...shoot in American miles...errrr...errr...okay, that's 52 miles per gallon...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home