OH, was that your breast I 'happened' to touch?
Don't you even THINK about touching my sweet peach...A record 2,201 cases of groping on Tokyo commuter trains were reported to police last year, the latest year in which police statistics were available. More than half of them were committed during the jam-packed morning rush hour.
______________
Someone, please refresh my memory. I don't recall groping being a big 'issue' or problem back home...or was I living under a cozy rock during that time? Have you ever gotten groped while riding on public transportation when it was sardine-packed?
If you are wondering why this post is in purple, it's because in Japan PURPLE is supposedly the color which stands for 'horny' much like green (as in green M&Ms) is in N.America. Anyway 90% of my female students I have polled HAVE at one point in their life been groped by someone while riding on public transportation. Shocking eh? Statistics have it pegged at 60% but I guess my students are more beautiful and charming than the average??? Hee hee.
Then I started to wonder why I haven't been groped. Either they know I am not 'really' Japanese (though everyone tells me I look bona fide Japanese) or I suppose I look pretty shabby...or I have been doing a good job of showing my fierce teeth and a snarled lip. My students were very impressed by the emphatic curl of my snarl. Ask me and I'll show it to ya someday. ^_^ I also have a good 'get cozy with a pole' and 'authoritatively cross my arms across my chest' stance. Could be the fact that I loathe crowded trains and big swarms of people in Tokyo so I only go once every few months...naw, must be my SCARY face (see friendster profile photo) and snarl...GRRRRRR. :)
The shocking thing is, I asked my students if they shouted, yelled at the perpetrator, or reported it to authorities...but no one said YES. Sooooo, that figure up above...that's only maybe 5% of the actual rate of incidence...AGHHH...lechers and gropers in the train. Well, the good thing...rarely do those gropers take it any farther than just that and the incidence of serious sexual crime is quite low compared to other developed countries. Then again, that's based on reported crime, uh-oh, there we go again.
Anyway here's to me bringing my pepper spray wherever I go, hoping a DRUNK HOUSEMATE doesn't get wise and SPRAY HERSELF in the FACE with it, not that it's ever happened before...(guffaw, guffaw...)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home