
They say it's in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is an interesting thing that can transcend class, race, gender, and more. We cannot deny how much beauty affects our daily lives. Though I am curious as to how one's definition of beauty comes to being. In Japan, Sarah Jessica Parker is viewed as a delightful actress yet not all that appealing. I don't know what part about her is off-putting...I'll inquire more about that and get back to you later. As for Britney Spears, the majority said she's too chubby to be a real star. (this was years ago before the baby and all) I was flabbergasted at that harsh remark. I further questioned other students who also said she tipped the scale just a little bit. Wow, talk about strict standards of beauty.

Here in Japan, some women spend hours just to apply some eye-makeup. Once on the train I saw a woman do her mascara, eyeshadow...and who knows what to her eyes...can you guess how long it took? A good 40 minutes or so. Eeks. I cannot imagine how much longer the rest of the face would take! Even worse yet, I'd hate to see her without makeup - AGHHHHHHH. My former company had a dress code which included rule # XX, "women must wear natural-looking makeup." My former co-worker who had sensitive skin prone to many brands of make-up chose to go natural. She was harrassed by the area manager to 'get some make-up' on. It's all about image and the McEnglish franchise. Don't get me wrong...I loved working there but it had its moments, too. I'm glad I don't have to do like a kabuki player every day now... @^_^@...though I'll admit, the white cast that reflects off my face from applying SPF 50 +++ isn't much better... Sure call me paranoid but can you really say it's just coincidence that Asian women look like they are 30 when in reality they're 55! Sunscreen. It does wonders. (on the left, poster pin-up girl of the girl of the year, Aya Ueto - she's everywhere)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home