Friday, September 01, 2006

oooh, all Japanese

On washing machines...
Just today I jumped in joy while I used the hot water valved with my washing machine. I was elated beyond elated...you have no idea what I am talking about if you live outside of Japan. My former and former former apartment only had access to cold water for the washing machine. I could not blast my whites in hot hot water like I did back home. The only good thing is that I never had to sort clothes due to no fear of colour bleeding. I will never forget the time I made my brother's white boxers all turn blotchy pink and red...

Some people living in small 1DK (1 room, 1 dining kitchen) rooms do not have room for a washer indoors...so they have to keep it on the balcony, even in the middle of winter!

My washing machine is a trusty LG (Korean brand) top-loading type. If I didn't have to worry about finances, I would invest in a luxurious side loading one...maybe years down the line. Most people I know do not own dryers. Logic being: the sun is good for killing germs and imparts its sunshine aroma to every fiber of your garments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home