bridal facial for you?
It is not uncommon for brides-to-be here to get esthetic sessions at some beauty clinic. I looked into how much that would cost and was stunned by what they could charge! Just short of highway robbery, I think. The women I met at Yuri Takano, (one of the reputable chain salons in the country) seemed very condescending and snobby. Perhaps they only cater to the wealthy and smile when they smell cash? Ha ha, how cynical of me to think so...but I cannot help myself!
Anyway instead of going to a salon, I have started to do home bridal esthetic treatment, which include an array of strange masks. I have found that face masks (in Japanese-English, face pack) work even more effectively when used with plastic wrap over it to prevent premature evaporation.
Home made face masks are also great: lemon juice, cucumber, oatmeal. You can even try using yogurt. In particular, the lemon juice has been effective at lightening the sunspots on my cheeks I had acquired during my childhood (I played outside a LOT). A combination of homemade remedies in addition to some store-bought ones are doing magic to my skin. It takes work and is at times a tedious routine, but the final product will be worth it, so I like to think!
My knitting club housewives were talking about a recent fad cropping up: men shaving and preening their eyebrows. Most of the young men they know (and even a few of their sons!) are keen on grooming their bushy brows, especially unibrows. In Tokyo you can find many metrosexuals, so I have been told. Younger men in Japan are often very fashion-conscious and even admit to using nose packs regularly!

2 Comments:
Just what is a "nose pack"?
like Biore strips to yank out stubborn white or blackheads & clean the pores
Post a Comment
<< Home