millions of thoughts...what are yours?
As my friend Elsie said, 'You must have ideas and thoughts swimming around in my head all the time.' I think so - my brain always has a jillion thing bobbing around...today at aerobics I even had a flashback...1st year Spanish class with Mr. Van, singing Spanish songs. That exact song was played during out workout routine and it triggered my memory.Then I looked at everyone's STEP blocks...everyone had matching sets while mine were distinctly different; one pink and the other purple. Then my mind wandered and it dawned upon me that everyone looked SO serious, so I started to laugh. People were trying so hard to perfect the steps that they seemed to be in a pinch, full of stress and anxiety. I was perplexed by their attitude.
Perfectionism is so overrated but highly regarded in Japan. This can be seen anywhere - though I must admit, this is probably why many companies have thrived throughout the years...due to people's meticulous work and pride in doing things 'just right' to utter and complete perfection. So me, the imperfectionist, missed many steps today doing the STEP and B-S (really, the name of the class!) class...but I made up my own steps and laughed it off. It was so fun. Doing two classes in a row was quite the feat but interestingly enough, I was more energized the second class.
So everyone, when you miss a beat or two in life, learn, laugh, and just move on! And if you can, for the sake of others, do not do aerobics with an expressionless stoic face - it's really scary and intimidating!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home