
On Tuesday my mom had to spent all day working, so we hired out a taxi for a day. The driver was a great tour guide, taking us to the National Palace Museum for about three hours. After that he directed us to a hot spring on Yang Ming mountain...a hot spring with 100% natural (not diluted as in many other places) hot spring water. As always, we abstained from showering after hot springing...that way, your skin holds in all the good nutrients it has just absorbed from the water. For the rest of the day, we stunk like rotten eggs, might I add. ^_^ The only difference between Japanese and Taiwanese hot springs - the cleanliness factor. Can you guess which is cleaner?

Then we were off to Shih-lin market...a market unlike the last night market, was very much crowded with tourists, especially Japanese ones. Nightmarkets are a haven for pickpocketers so it is extremely risky to carry one's purse around carelessly or keep a wallet in one's backpocket. Night markets are more geared toward women...accessories, clothes, food - all good at snaking money out of young women's pockets. :) I'll admit, it was tempting and I really had to restrain myself from going on a shopping spree. It helps that Hiro is not a big shopping fan, so I was able to keep my shopping urges under control.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home