Sunday, March 05, 2006

dollar facial care?

What is your impression of a dollar shop? Full of things made in China which break easily, right? Well, living in the land of the choosiest consumers in the world, one gets the benefit of having a 100-yen (one dollar shop) full of goods that do not break easily and are often of high quality. What a surprising thing it was for me.

A few months ago my student told me that the face care products I was buying were quite significantly marked up in price. A 100 dollar product only costs 1 dollar to make. 1%...take that Lancome (or X-favorite brand) lipstick of yours, yeah...it probably cost a quarter to make it. This particular student has worked at some very well-known cosmetics companies in the past as a chemical researcher. She knows her stuff and I believe her. She told me she uses hyaluronic acid cream (mixed with plain facial cream) from the dollar shop. I could not believe it.

The experiment: starting from a few days ago, I began to use clear hyaluronic acid from the dollar shop before applying face moisturizers. The results so far? Far smoother skin and reduced pore size...sure beats that 100-dollar cream I bought awhile back. Who knew such great products could be found at the dollar shop? A skeptic no longer I am. (warning: do not try this with any goods from a dollar shop in North America...I am not liable for any accidents of any kind!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home