Monday, February 06, 2006

brekkie anyone? Sunday morning...


Rice, organic strawberries, steamed broccoli and carrots with spicy tuna, yogurt with chopped dried figs, salad (with lettuce, tomato, carrots, soft-boiled egg).

This was breakfast a few days ago...as I've said before, I'm really crazy about great satisfying breakfasts. I just cannot understand how people can skip one of the most fundamental meals of the day. It is where we get all our energy to jump start the day, it's replenishment for a whole night of no food (granted it is while asleep and barely active but still...)

They have done studies to prove that people's concentration level remains high if they eat breakfast but without it they are glucose-starved, therefore a bit unfocused. Another scientifically proven factoid: those who skip breakfast are likelier to overindulge during lunch or dinner, inevitably leading to weight gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home